- 1. Your reference number
- If you booked directly with mode, this is the 5 digit number in the subject of your booking confirmation email and in your check-in SMS;
- If you booked on a third party or broker website, your reference might be called a booking number or confirmation number, and can be a combination of letters and numbers.
- 2. Drivers licences for all drivers of the vehicle.
- 3. A credit or debit card for your bond and any outstanding payments. We accept VISA and Mastercard.
Yes! When you check-in online you have the options to:
- Choose your liability limit and bond. This is how much you may be charged for damage to the vehicle. Keep in mind that this amount will be pre-authorised (frozen) on your card for the duration of the hire. Read our Insurance and Liability Limit page for more information.
- Add extra drivers
- Add on extras for your hire - do you need a GPS unit, or booster seats for little ones?
If you have an after-hours pick-up you must check in before your hire. Please complete your check-in at least 24 hours before your hire begins.
We highly recommend checking in before your hire for a quicker, more streamlined pick-up. Checking in before your hire also helps keep everyone COVID-safe by reducing contact at pickup.
If you have your own travel insurance or have purchased insurance through a third-party agent, the basic liability option (Highest Risk - $3000 bond and excess, $0 per day) is still applicable to your booking, including the bond amount to be held on your card for the duration of your hire. You can choose to lower your bond through our other liability options.
Typically, third-party or other travel insurance will reimburse you for the amount deducted from your bond if your rental vehicle is damaged or stolen.
Your card will not be charged when you complete online check-in. We will process your payment and bond at the counter when you pick up your rental vehicle.
If you are picking up your rental after-hours, we will process any payments and bond the day before your hire when you have completed the online check-in.