Spend less time at the rental desk and more towards your holiday by checking in now. Complete your details, choose your extras and sign your rental agreement online.
NOTE: Online check-in is recommended if you have a rental pickup during business hours. It is mandatory for after-hours pickups.
- 1. Your reference number
- If you booked directly with Mode, this is the 5 digit number in the subject of your booking confirmation email and in your check-in SMS;
- If you booked through a third party website, your reference might be called a booking, confirmation, or voucher number, and can be a combination of letters and numbers (example: 123456AAE1234A8).
- 2. Drivers licences for all drivers of the vehicle.
- 3. A credit or debit card for your bond and any outstanding payments. We accept VISA and Mastercard.
Yes! When you check-in online you have the options to:
- Choose your liability limit. This is how much you may be charged for damage to the vehicle. Keep in mind that this amount will be pre-authorised (frozen) on your card for the duration of the hire. Read our Insurance and Liability Limit page for more information.
- Add extra driver/s
- Add some extras for your hire like a GPS unit, or car seats for your little ones. Check out our Accessories page for more information.
If you have an after-hours pick-up, online check-in is mandatory. Please complete your check-in at least 48 hours prior.
If you are picking up during business hours, we highly recommend checking in for a quicker, more streamlined pick-up. It also helps keep everyone COVID-safe by reducing face-to-face contact.
If you have your own travel insurance or have purchased insurance through a third-party agent, the basic liability option (Highest Risk - $3000 bond and excess, $0 per day) still applies. You can choose to lower your bond through our other liability options at varying daily rates.
Typically, third-party or other travel insurance will reimburse you for the amount deducted from your bond if your rental vehicle is damaged or stolen.
If you are picking up within business hours, your card will not be charged when you complete online check-in. We will process your payment and bond at the counter when you pick up your rental vehicle.
If you are picking up your rental after-hours, we will process any payments and bond pre-authorisation the day before your hire, given you have completed the online check-in.